Tuesday Oct 11, 2022
Parenting Perspectives: Pre-teens
Episode: Parenting the Preteen
This week we're focusing on the emotional preteen years. As parents, we need to embrace this season as a time of testing and differentiation as our kids begin to embark on discovery of their identity. This essential transition is only made more difficult when parents enforce performance and outward behavior rather than holding space for some unpredictable behavior.
- Our kids begin exploring and pushing boundaries.
- They test our reactions and give plenty of opportunity to showcase unconditional love.
- Inconsistencies in our faith+practice become more obvious to our kids.
- This is NOT the time to increase discipline, but focus on maintaining trust and parent the heart.
- Grace in this phase will produce MUCH less rebellion in the teen years.
- Danger zone once again for religious families.
Bruce & Deb have been married 27 years, have 8 children and one grandson. They are currently living in Romania serving among Ukrainian refugees. For the past 15 years they've been living in Ukraine. They are life long learners and enjoy holding cross-cultural space for meaning making.
For more, find us on our blog www.liftupyoureyes.org
Subscribe to our Podcast: https://perspectives-podcast.podbean.com/
Intro Music from Uppbeat:
License code: 6VKFZFM9YZXKJ7H6
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.